Donald Trump is threatening to make history—in an unfortunate way—by refusing to concede if he loses on Election Night.
In recent weeks, the Republican presidential nominee has claimed without evidence that the election will somehow be rigged against him.
On Thursday, he doubled down on that statement.
“I will totally accept the results of this great and historic presidential election— if I win,” he said at a rally in Ohio.
Here’s a video of televised concession speeches from every presidential candidate since Richard Nixon in 1960.
More Must-Read Stories From TIME
- How an Online Pharmacy Sold Millions Worth Of Dubious COVID-19 Drugs — While Patients Paid the Price
- Why Literally Millions of Americans Are Quitting Their Jobs
- Meet the Women Participating in the Study That Could Change Future of Breast Cancer
- Inside the Battle for the Hearts and Minds of Tomorrow's Business Leaders
- An Innovative Washington Law Aims to Get Foreign-Trained Doctors Back in Hospitals
- Why the Ex-Husband of a Missing Chinese Billionaire Is Risking All to Tell Their Story
- Timothée Chalamet Wants You to Wear Your Heart on Your Sleeve