Donald Trump is threatening to make history—in an unfortunate way—by refusing to concede if he loses on Election Night.
In recent weeks, the Republican presidential nominee has claimed without evidence that the election will somehow be rigged against him.
On Thursday, he doubled down on that statement.
“I will totally accept the results of this great and historic presidential election— if I win,” he said at a rally in Ohio.
Here’s a video of televised concession speeches from every presidential candidate since Richard Nixon in 1960.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Inside the White House Program to Share America's Secrets
- Meet the 2024 Women of the Year
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- Long COVID Doesn’t Always Look Like You Think It Does
- Column: The New Antisemitism
- The 13 Best New Books to Read in March
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org