Harry Potter author J.K. Rowling is known for her way with words, and she has not held back in commenting on Donald Trump’s campaign to win the U.S. presidential elections.
During the third and final debate between Trump and Hillary Clinton on Wednesday evening, the British author live-tweeted some of her reactions to her 8.5 million Twitter followers:
Rowling also retweeted fellow novelist Stephen King, who it seemed was anticipating the outcome of the debate too.
This is not the first time that Rowling has expressed her thoughts on the 2016 U.S. elections via the social media site.
In reference to the allegations of sexual assault against Trump, Rowling did not hold back, retweeting many tweets that were critical of Trump and adding her own comment on the reaction to the events.
When one fellow Twitter user asked Rowling “aren’t you British? Mind your business!”, the author simply replied the following.
Rowling has also tweeted extensively to her large Twitter following about U.K. politics, particularly the state of the center-left Labour Party — to which she has donated over $1 million — and the result of the E.U. referendum, which she supported the ‘remain’ campaign. The following tweet on current affairs in 2016 was retweeted by nearly 40,000 people.
- The Real Reason Florida Wants to Ban AP African-American Studies, According to an Architect of the Course
- Column: Tyre Nichols' Killing Is The Result of a Diseased Culture
- Without Evusheld, Immunocompromised People Are on Their Own Against COVID-19
- Here Are All the Movies and TV Shows That Make Up the New DCU
- TikTok's 'De-Influencing' Trend Is Here to Tell You What Stuff You Don't Need to Buy
- Column: America Goes About Juvenile Crime Sentencing All Wrong
- Why Your Tax Refund May Be Lower This Year
- Brazil Wants to Abandon a 34,000-Ton Ship at Sea. It Would be an Environmental Disaster
- The 5 Best New TV Shows Our Critic Watched in January 2023