During an interview with Maria Shriver that aired on the Today show Wednesday, Cher spoke about her struggle with accepting herself in her mature years. Given her devoted fans, it may be surprising to hear her lukewarm feelings about…herself.
“I’ve never really been in love with Cher. She’s all right, but I’m not a huge fan…I’m not a Cher fan,” she said. “I just don’t know how to accept [my age]. I don’t want to either – but I don’t really know how to. I look in the mirror, and I see this old lady looking back at me. And I have no idea how she got there.”
However, she isn’t letting any self-esteem issues interfere with her musical career. “I say you have to be like a bumper car and you hit the wall, and you back up, and you go a different way — and then you go at the wall again,” she said. “The only thing I know is not to give up. I don’t know anything else.”
Read more at Today.com.
- Extreme Heat Makes It Hard for Kids to Be Active. But Exercise Is Crucial In a Warming World
- Pelosi's Visit to Taiwan Has Badly Damaged U.S.-China Relations, But Not Irreversibly
- Reality TV Has Reshaped Our World, Whether We Like It or Not
- Progress Is Not A Given. It is Won: The Connection Between James Baldwin and Toni Morrison
- The Inflation Reduction Act's Name Says A Lot About The Climate Fight
- How Reservation Dogs Became More than Just Must-See Television in Its Second Season
- The U.S Will Soon Have Space Force Ambassadors Around the World