It may take a couple of watches to spot him, but Baby Groot is here for your next installment of Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy franchise, which just released its first poster and teaser trailer. Set months after Chris Pratt’s Peter Quill and Zoe Saldana’s Gamora rescued the galaxy from the brink of destruction, Vol. 2 finds it desperately in need of saving yet again. According to a synopsis released earlier this year, the team will find allies in former adversaries and the orphaned Peter will continue his quest to understand where in the universe he comes from.
The trailer features the familiar “Ooga Chakas” of Blue Suede’s “Hooked on a Feeling,” but the second installment will also feature a second awesome mixtape, which may or may not include two tracks that played in footage revealed at San Diego Comic-Con in July: “Come A Little Bit Closer” by Jay and the Americans and Fleetwood Mac’s “The Chain.” Judging by this first look, it’s safe to expect a healthy dose of sexual tension between Peter and Gomora, a whole lot of swagger and a blossoming little Groot finally coming (back) into his own.
Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 will be released on May 5, 2017.
- The Man Who Thinks He Can Live Forever
- How a Government Shutdown Could Affect You
- The Threat to Louisiana's Drinking Water
- Colleges Get Creative to Boost Mental Health
- How Russia Is Recruiting Cubans to Fight in Ukraine
- Paul Hollywood Answers All of Your Questions About The Great British Baking Show
- How Canada and India's Relationship Crumbled
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time