From high-energy power songs to some old funkadelic classics, POTUS really mixes it up.
Available on Spotify, some selections are expected: Beyoncé, who sung “At Last” at his inauguration ball in 2009, appears seventh on the collection of songs with an extended version of “Get Me Bodied.” (It’s the song the pop star made kid-friendly for Michelle Obama’s “Let’s Move” initiative to fight childhood obesity.)
Less expected: the White House’s resident cool dad included a ten-minute Nina Simone song about Judgment Day, and featured some slower jams like an Australian indie rock slacker anthem, which likely soundtracks his cool down stretches.
Check out the latest full playlist below.
1. Black Eyed Peas: “Let’s Get It Started” (Spike Mix)
2. Nina Simone: “Sinnerman”
3. Sting: “If You Love Somebody Set Them Free”
4. Isley Brothers: “Live It Up, Parts 1 & 2,”
5. Icona Pop: “Emergency”
6. Forro in the Dark: “Perro Loco”
7. Beyoncé: “Get Me Bodied” (Extended Mix)
8. Jay Z & Drake: “Off That”
9. Bob Marley and the Wailers: “Could You Be Loved”
10. Courtney Barnett: “Elevator Operator”
- The Biggest Moments From the Second Republican Debate
- Rooftop Solar Power Has a Dark Side
- Death and Desperation Take Over the World's Largest Refugee Camp
- Right-Wing's New Aim: a Parallel Economy
- Is It Flu, COVID-19, or RSV? Navigating At-Home Tests
- Kerry Washington: The Story of My Abortion
- How Canada and India's Relationship Crumbled
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time