The defendant, Michael Brown, is named in the complaint as running businesses including Lightsaber Academy, New York Jedi and Thrills and Skills, according to the Hollywood Reporter. Lightsaber Academy professes to teach the “core principles” of safety and practical application of sport dueling with Lightsabers.
“Among other infringing activities,” Lucasfilm wrote in the complaint, “Defendants use a logo that is nearly identical, and confusingly similar, to Lucasfilm’s trademark Jedi Order logo… round in shape, with six wing-like shapes curving upward (three per side), and an eight-pointed star featuring elongated top and bottom points stretched into a vertical line.”
Lucasfilm says it has already served multiple cease and desist notices, and that Brown subsequently filed a trademark application for “Lightsaber Academy, Inc.”
The Hollywood Reporter could not reach Brown for comment.
- How the Anti-Vax Movement Is Taking Over the Right
- What Happens Next in Ukraine Could Change Europe Forever
- There's So Much More To Say About Bill Cosby
- Death Doulas Used to Be Rare. The COVID-19 Pandemic Changed That
- What It Feels Like to Be a Muslim Woman Auctioned Online by India's Right Wing
- America's First Openly Trans City Council President Wants to Heal Minneapolis
- The World's Farmers Need to Prepare for Serious Cash Crop Disruption