As Michelle Obama tucks into velvety pasta pillows and beef tenderloin with her husband Italian Prime Minister Matteo Renzi and various high-profile guests at Tuesday night’s state dinner, here’s a look back at some of her most memorable state dinner fashion.
The first lady has hosted 14 state dinners in total, including India in 2009, Mexico in 2010, Korea in 2011 and the Nordic countries in May this year. Her most notable FLOTUS fashion statements include the amazing Vera Wang mermaid dress she wore for China’s state dinner in 2015 and the ivory column gown designed by Lady Gaga’s former stylist Brandon Maxwell that she debuted for dinner with Singapore’s Prime Minister earlier this summer.
- Zero-COVID Protests in China Have Rattled Global Markets
- Column: Diversity Initiatives Are Failing the U.S. Muslim Community
- Why European Countries Are Giving Teens Free Money To Spend on Books, Music, and Theater
- Republican Skepticism of Trump Has Never Been Higher
- Column: The U.S. Prison System Doesn't Value True Justice
- How Green Is the Qatar World Cup’s Outdoor AC?
- 16 Funny and Whimsical White Elephant Gifts Under $25
- The 5 Best New TV Shows Our Critic Watched in November 2022