As Michelle Obama tucks into velvety pasta pillows and beef tenderloin with her husband Italian Prime Minister Matteo Renzi and various high-profile guests at Tuesday night’s state dinner, here’s a look back at some of her most memorable state dinner fashion.
The first lady has hosted 14 state dinners in total, including India in 2009, Mexico in 2010, Korea in 2011 and the Nordic countries in May this year. Her most notable FLOTUS fashion statements include the amazing Vera Wang mermaid dress she wore for China’s state dinner in 2015 and the ivory column gown designed by Lady Gaga’s former stylist Brandon Maxwell that she debuted for dinner with Singapore’s Prime Minister earlier this summer.
- What a Photographer Saw in the West Bank
- Accenture’s Chief AI Officer on Why This Is a Defining Moment
- Inside COP28's Big 'Experiment'
- U.S. Doctors Can't Be Silent About Gaza: Column
- The Movie Wives Would Like a Word
- The 100 Must-Read Books of 2023
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time