British journalist and editor Jemima Goldsmith’s costume featuring a groping Donald Trump is up for sale on eBay, and the proceeds will benefit Syrian refugees.
Now the controversial costume, dubbed “Original Trump Groper Halloween Costume,” is up for auction online, described on eBay as “easy to wear, [with] straps on either side like a backpack in order to wear Donald on your back.” As of Tuesday, the costume had received six bids and was up to £122. The money raised is going to Muslim Syrian refugees via UNICEF as “that’s what The Donald would want,” the eBay post said.
The Republican candidate has come under fire after a 2005 video was released showing him bragging that he can grope women because he’s a celebrity, comments Trump dismissed as “locker room talk.” Since then, several women have come forward to say Trump groped or kissed them without his consent. Trump denies the allegations.
- Essay: The Tyre Nichols Videos Demand Solemnity, Not Sensationalism
- For People With Disabilities, Losing Abortion Access Can Be a Matter of Life or Death
- Inside the Stealth Efforts to Smuggle Starlink Internet Into Iran
- Natasha Lyonne on Poker Face and Creating Characters Who Subvert Leading-Lady Tropes
- How to Help the Victims and Community After the Monterey Park Shooting
- Why Grocery Staples Are So Expensive Right Now
- Quantum Computers Could Solve Countless Problems—and Create a Lot of New Ones
- Where to Watch All of the 2023 Oscar Nominees
- How to Be Mindful if You Hate Meditating