The Hall of Fame has announced 19 artists on the ballot who could be on their way to joining the already coveted group of inductees. Nine of them are being nominated for the first time, including Tupac and Pearl Jam who recently became eligible for the honor since it’s been 25 years after their first record was released.
Only five nominees—the ones who receive the most votes from a pool of hundreds of historians and industry members—will be inducted in 2017. The winners will be announced in December.
Other new nominees include Bad Brains, Chaka Khan, Chic, Depeche Mode, Electric Light Orchestra, The J. Geils Band, Jane’s Addiction, Joan Baez, Joe Tex, Journey, Kraftwerk, MC5, Steppenwolf, The Cars, The Zombies and Yes.
- Governor Gretchen Whitmer on Her Fight for Abortion Access in Michigan
- Inside the War on Fake Consumer Reviews
- Column: Europe's Refugee Crisis Is Going to Get Worse
- How Lawmakers Are Trying to Protect Abortion Data Privacy
- The Surprising Thing That Could Help Ease Inflation
- Finding the American Dream in Canada
- The Safest Sunscreens to Buy—and Which Ingredients to Avoid
- Fact-Checking 8 Claims About Crypto’s Climate Impact
- How Grief Upsets Your Gut Health
- Who Could Replace Boris Johnson As U.K. Prime Minister?