If you’re in search of a spooky destination this Halloween, look no further than Airbnb’s new global contest, where they will send two guests to the Carpathian mountains to spend the night in Bran Castle, the reported inspiration for Dracula’s castle in the novel of the same name.
The stay will be hosted by Dacre Stoker, the great grand-nephew of Dracula’s author, Bram Stoker, according to The Telegraph. Airbnb calls Stoker a “a well-respected vampire expert” and writes that the stay includes transportation to Transylvania, Romania and all the elements needed to recreate Stoker’s famous tale, from a horse-drawn carriage ride and a “blood-enriching meal” to “luxurious velvet trimmed Dracula coffins.”
The only stipulation? All contestants must submit a short “post” on what they would say if they came “face-to-fang” with Count Dracula.
The winners must also abide by a set of rules unique to their Dracula-themed trip — specifically, a ban against garlic or any “garlic-scented items,” no silver jewelry or holy symbols, and absolutely no mirror selfies. The guests are also required to close all curtains before sunrise.
- What a Photographer Saw in the West Bank
- Accenture’s Chief AI Officer on Why This Is a Defining Moment
- Inside COP28's Big 'Experiment'
- U.S. Doctors Can't Be Silent About Gaza: Column
- The Movie Wives Would Like a Word
- The 100 Must-Read Books of 2023
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time