If you’re in search of a spooky destination this Halloween, look no further than Airbnb’s new global contest, where they will send two guests to the Carpathian mountains to spend the night in Bran Castle, the reported inspiration for Dracula’s castle in the novel of the same name.
The stay will be hosted by Dacre Stoker, the great grand-nephew of Dracula’s author, Bram Stoker, according to The Telegraph. Airbnb calls Stoker a “a well-respected vampire expert” and writes that the stay includes transportation to Transylvania, Romania and all the elements needed to recreate Stoker’s famous tale, from a horse-drawn carriage ride and a “blood-enriching meal” to “luxurious velvet trimmed Dracula coffins.”
The only stipulation? All contestants must submit a short “post” on what they would say if they came “face-to-fang” with Count Dracula.
The winners must also abide by a set of rules unique to their Dracula-themed trip — specifically, a ban against garlic or any “garlic-scented items,” no silver jewelry or holy symbols, and absolutely no mirror selfies. The guests are also required to close all curtains before sunrise.
- Inside Mississippi's Last Abortion Clinic—and the Biggest Fight for Abortion Rights in a Generation
- Do Current COVID-19 Tests Still Detect Omicron?
- The First U.S. Offshore Wind Farm Could Be a Lifeline for Struggling New England Cities
- Welcome to TV's Era of Peak Redundancy
- The Key Role a Local Newspaper Played in the Trial Over Ahmaud Arbery's Murder
- TIME's Top 100 Photos of 2021
- 2021: The Year the Grift Kept Giving