A group of good Samaritans were caught on video forming a human chain to save a man from a burning car after a crash.
A car reportedly was driven into an embankment in Florida after its driver was involved in a car accident over the weekend. A group of witnesses approached the vehicle and noticed the driver was still strapped inside, CBS News reports. When fire and rescue teams arrived on the scene, a human chain was formed to get the driver to safety.
“Grabbed onto his belt, kind of pushing him, kind of hanging onto him, dragging this guy with whatever we had and made it up to the top,” one of the rescuers told a local news station. The driver was later taken to a hospital where he was treated for minor injuries.
An onlooker managed to capture the entire scene on video. Several people can be heard praying as the scene unfolds.
- Inside Mississippi's Last Abortion Clinic—and the Biggest Fight for Abortion Rights in a Generation
- Do Current COVID-19 Tests Still Detect Omicron?
- The First U.S. Offshore Wind Farm Could Be a Lifeline for Struggling New England Cities
- Welcome to TV's Era of Peak Redundancy
- The Key Role a Local Newspaper Played in the Trial Over Ahmaud Arbery's Murder
- TIME's Top 100 Photos of 2021
- 2021: The Year the Grift Kept Giving