Lexington, Ky. police arrested Chazerae Taylor, 38, and D’markeo Taylor, 19 for Wanton Endangerment, as well as Dvonta Middlebrooks, 21, for Wanton Endangerment and possessing a firearm as a convicted felon. The police department said Middlebrooks fired multiple shots in the parking lot where Trinity Gay was hit by a stray bullet during a shootout between two vehicles early Sunday morning.
Chazerae Taylor and D’markeo Taylor are father and son, according to police. Officers also recovered two vehicles, a blue Ford and grey Dodge, that matched the descriptions of cars that fled the scene of the shooting.
Trinity Gay was not a passenger of either vehicle when a bullet struck her in the neck. She died after being taken to the University of Kentucky hospital.
“She was so innocent, she was so innocent,” her mother, Shoshana, Boyd told the New York Daily News Sunday. “I just want people to stop shooting and realize who they’re hurting. It’s just random. They don’t understand, they don’t understand who they’re hurting.”
- What a Photographer Saw in the West Bank
- The Dirty Secrets of Alternative Plastics
- Accenture’s Chief AI Officer on Why This Is a Defining Moment
- We Should Get Paid for Our Online Data: Column
- Inside COP28's Big 'Experiment'
- The 100 Must-Read Books of 2023
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time