Police are investigating after the Orange County Republican headquarters in North Carolina was firebombed.
A bottle of flammable liquid was thrown through the office’s front window, authorities said, according to the Charlotte Observer. The words, “Nazi Republicans get out of town or else” were spray painted on a next-door building.
“The office itself is a total loss,” Dallas Woodhouse, executive director of state GOP told the Charlotte Observer. “The only thing important to us is that nobody was killed, and they very well could have been.”
“This highly disturbing act goes far beyond vandalizing property; it willfully threatens our community’s safety via fire, and its hateful message undermines decency, respect and integrity in civic participation,” Hillsborough Mayor Tom Stevens said in a statement. No injuries were reported.
Late Sunday, a GoFundMe page raising funds for rebuilding the office was set up by author David Weinberger, calling on Democrats to donate “no matter what your party affiliation” is. So far, over $13,000 has been raised from more than 500 people.
- The Fall of Roe and the Failure of the Feminist Industrial Complex
- What Trump Knew About January 6
- Follow the Algae Brick Road to Plant-Based Buildings
- The Education of Glenn Youngkin
- The Benefits and Challenges of Cutting Back on Meat
- Here's Everything New on Netflix in July 2022—and What's Leaving
- Women in Northern Ireland Still Struggle to Access Abortion More Than 2 Years After Decriminalization