Los Angeles police are searching for at least 2 suspects after a shooting at a restaurant killed 3 people and injured 12.
The shooting occurred Saturday during a birthday party attended by more than 100 people. Police said an argument preceded the gunfire.
The motive remains unclear.
“It may be a narcotics-related dispute…a dispute between parties over business transactions,” Whittingham said.
Three men died in the gunfire, the Associated Press reported. Two people injured were in critical condition late Saturday, while 2 others wounded were released. The rest of the injuries were not considered life-threatening.
The preliminary investigation found that after the argument started in the restaurant, a man and woman left, returned to the party, and the shooting unfolded.
Investigators have not yet released descriptions of the suspects. Whittingham said police had the “street names” for the suspects but don’t know who the killers are.
“The people shot either don’t know the killers or they aren’t telling us what they do know,” he said.
- Workers Are Furious. Their Unions Are Scrambling to Catch Up
- What the Facebook Whistleblower Did to the Company's Stock in 6 Weeks
- Photos from Migrants' Desperate Journeys to the U.S. Border
- Emily Ratajkowski: How I Learned to Let Go
- Afghanistan's Female Students Were Banned from Studying. Now Some Are Finding New Ways to Learn
- The 'Safe Supply' Movement Aims to Curb Drug Deaths Linked to the Opioid Crisis
- The 19 Most Underrated Movies on Netflix
- By Ending Legacy Admissions, Amherst Hopes to Change the Makeup of Its Student Body