Four people were killed on Saturday after a truck swerved 60 feet off a bridge and landed in a crowded San Diego park.
The driver, one of nine people injured in the crash, was arrested for driving under the influence and taken to UC San Diego Medical Centre for treatment for major injuries.
“It was determined that alcohol was involved,” Jake Sanchez, public information officer for the the California Highway Patrol’s San Diego office, said, according to CNN.
The gray GM pickup truck was turning toward the Coronado Bridge when the driver lost control and plunged into a crowd below.
Authorities identified the driver as Richard Anthony Sepolio, 25, and an active U.S. Navy member stationed the naval base on Coronado Island, CBS News reported.
- Essay: The Tyre Nichols Videos Demand Solemnity, Not Sensationalism
- For People With Disabilities, Losing Abortion Access Can Be a Matter of Life or Death
- Inside the Stealth Efforts to Smuggle Starlink Internet Into Iran
- Natasha Lyonne on Poker Face and Creating Characters Who Subvert Leading-Lady Tropes
- How to Help the Victims and Community After the Monterey Park Shooting
- Why Grocery Staples Are So Expensive Right Now
- Quantum Computers Could Solve Countless Problems—and Create a Lot of New Ones
- Where to Watch All of the 2023 Oscar Nominees
- How to Be Mindful if You Hate Meditating