Streams of Bob Dylan’s songs spiked on Spotify after his surprise Nobel Prize win on Thursday.
Spotify said streams of the American musician’s songs rose 512% across the world since the prize was announced. The most-listened-to song was “Like a Rolling Stone,” which saw its streams increase by 258%. The folk singer ranks among Spotify’s top 200 artists of all time, with over 700 million streams to date.
Dylan became the first songwriter to win the Nobel award in literature, and immediately divided opinion on social media. He was credited by the awarding panel for “having created new poetic expressions within the great American song tradition” over his 54-year career.
- What We Know So Far About the Deadly Earthquakes in Turkey and Syria
- Beyoncé's Album of the Year Snub Fits Into the Grammys' Long History of Overlooking Black Women
- How the U.S. Shot Down the Alleged Chinese Spy Balloon
- Effective Altruism Has a Toxic Culture of Sexual Harassment and Abuse, Women Say
- Inside Bolsonaro's Surreal New Life as a Florida Man—and MAGA Darling
- 'Return to Office' Plans Spell Trouble for Working Moms
- 8 Ways to Read More Books—and Why You Should
- Why Aren't Movies Sexy Anymore?
- How Logan Paul's Crypto Empire Fell Apart