Streams of Bob Dylan’s songs spiked on Spotify after his surprise Nobel Prize win on Thursday.
Spotify said streams of the American musician’s songs rose 512% across the world since the prize was announced. The most-listened-to song was “Like a Rolling Stone,” which saw its streams increase by 258%. The folk singer ranks among Spotify’s top 200 artists of all time, with over 700 million streams to date.
Dylan became the first songwriter to win the Nobel award in literature, and immediately divided opinion on social media. He was credited by the awarding panel for “having created new poetic expressions within the great American song tradition” over his 54-year career.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Inside the White House Program to Share America's Secrets
- Meet the 2024 Women of the Year
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- Long COVID Doesn’t Always Look Like You Think It Does
- Column: The New Antisemitism
- The 13 Best New Books to Read in March
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org