Former presidential candidate Ben Carson said that “it doesn’t matter” if the women accusing Trump’s of sexual assault are telling the truth.
“It doesn’t matter whether they’re lying or not,” Carson, a Trump supporter and adviser, said in an appearance on Morning Joe Friday. “What matters is that the train is going off the cliff. We’re taking our eye off of that and we’re getting involved in other issues that should be taken care of later.”
In the same interview, Carson snapped at journalist Katty Kay when repeatedly asked if he believed Trump’s accusers are lying. “Stop, stop, stop, stop, stop” Carson repeated as he and Kay talked over each other. “Hey, can you turn her microphone off please?” he asked. “Turn her microphone off so I can talk.”
Trump has categorically denied all sexual assault allegations.
- Inside Mississippi's Last Abortion Clinic—and the Biggest Fight for Abortion Rights in a Generation
- Do Current COVID-19 Tests Still Detect Omicron?
- The First U.S. Offshore Wind Farm Could Be a Lifeline for Struggling New England Cities
- Welcome to TV's Era of Peak Redundancy
- The Key Role a Local Newspaper Played in the Trial Over Ahmaud Arbery's Murder
- TIME's Top 100 Photos of 2021
- 2021: The Year the Grift Kept Giving