Former presidential candidate Ben Carson said that “it doesn’t matter” if the women accusing Trump’s of sexual assault are telling the truth.
“It doesn’t matter whether they’re lying or not,” Carson, a Trump supporter and adviser, said in an appearance on Morning Joe Friday. “What matters is that the train is going off the cliff. We’re taking our eye off of that and we’re getting involved in other issues that should be taken care of later.”
In the same interview, Carson snapped at journalist Katty Kay when repeatedly asked if he believed Trump’s accusers are lying. “Stop, stop, stop, stop, stop” Carson repeated as he and Kay talked over each other. “Hey, can you turn her microphone off please?” he asked. “Turn her microphone off so I can talk.”
Trump has categorically denied all sexual assault allegations.
- What a Photographer Saw in the West Bank
- Accenture’s Chief AI Officer on Why This Is a Defining Moment
- Inside COP28's Big 'Experiment'
- U.S. Doctors Can't Be Silent About Gaza: Column
- The Movie Wives Would Like a Word
- The 100 Must-Read Books of 2023
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time