Former presidential candidate Ben Carson said that “it doesn’t matter” if the women accusing Trump’s of sexual assault are telling the truth.
“It doesn’t matter whether they’re lying or not,” Carson, a Trump supporter and adviser, said in an appearance on Morning Joe Friday. “What matters is that the train is going off the cliff. We’re taking our eye off of that and we’re getting involved in other issues that should be taken care of later.”
In the same interview, Carson snapped at journalist Katty Kay when repeatedly asked if he believed Trump’s accusers are lying. “Stop, stop, stop, stop, stop” Carson repeated as he and Kay talked over each other. “Hey, can you turn her microphone off please?” he asked. “Turn her microphone off so I can talk.”
Trump has categorically denied all sexual assault allegations.
- How to Help Victims of the Texas School Shooting
- TIME's 100 Most Influential People of 2022
- What the Buffalo Tragedy Has to Do With the Effort to Overturn Roe
- Column: The U.S. Failed Miserably on COVID-19. Canada Shows It Didn't Have to Be That Way
- N.Y. Will Soon Require Businesses to Post Salaries in Job Listings. Here's What Happened When Colorado Did It
- The 46 Most Anticipated Movies of Summer 2022
- ‘We Are in a Moment of Reckoning.’ Amanda Nguyen on Taking the Fight for Sexual Violence Survivors to the U.N.