1. On Election Day, don’t think about yourself. Think about children when you cast your vote.
By Dipesh Navsaria in the Madison Capital Times
2. How America’s heroin epidemic is linked to U.S. policy in Afghanistan.
By Felipe Cruvinel at Ramen IR
3. Vacations are good for us and good for our employers. So why don’t we take them?
By L. V. Anderson in Slate
4. The CDC can’t use funds to study gun violence. Machines could do the research for free.
By Jordan Pearson in Motherboard
5. One more casualty of our changing climate: endangered languages.
By Kate Yoder in Grist
The Aspen Institute is an educational and policy studies organization based in Washington, D.C.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Alison Roman Won't Sugarcoat It
- If Donald Trump Is Indicted, Here's What Would Happen Next in the Process
- All of the Other Major Investigations Into Donald Trump
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now
- The Case for Betting on Succession's Tom Wambsgans
- Postmaster General Louis DeJoy's Surprising Second Act
- In This Texas County, There's No Such Thing as Moving on From COVID-19
- Why Trump's Call to Protest Is Flopping
- Column: Ozempic Exposed the Cracks in the Body Positivity Movement