A diver survived after a great white shark broke open the metal rails of his diving cage and swam inside while the diver was within.
Although the shark thrust through the bars of the diving cage, the diver, Ming Chan, was able to emerge uninjured, according to ABC News. The great white shark forcefully rocked the cage around for what appears to be about 20 seconds, until the instructor lifted open the cage’s top, and it leapt out of the opening.
“It happened so fast. The other divers just kept telling me how lucky I am,” Chan told ABC News. Read more information about the rising shark population here.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Meet the 2024 Women of the Year
- Greta Gerwig's Next Big Swing
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- In the Belly of MrBeast
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- How Long Should You Isolate With COVID-19?
- The Best Romantic Comedies to Watch on Netflix
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org