Hurricane-like winds and heavy rain are expected to pummel much of the Pacific Northwest coast over the next few days.
A “significant stream” of rain is in the forecast over the weekend for Washington all the way down to northern California. Northwest California could see 20 inches of rain by the end of the weekend, the NWS said.
Meteorologists also warned of flooding risks for some areas, including southwestern Oregon and northern California, and mudslides into next week.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Inside the White House Program to Share America's Secrets
- Meet the 2024 Women of the Year
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- Long COVID Doesn’t Always Look Like You Think It Does
- Column: The New Antisemitism
- The 13 Best New Books to Read in March
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Contact us at email@example.com