Mean Girls Day is so two weeks ago. It’s October 13, the best day of the year, Treat Yo Self day!
The holiday, which emerged on the television show Parks and Recreation five years ago, is an annual celebration to indulge as dictated by characters Tom Haverford (Aziz Ansari) and Donna Meagle (Retta).
In a memorable scene from the “Treat Yo Self” episode, the pair explain the goods that one can treat themselves to: “Clothes! (Treat yo self.) Fragrances! (Treat yo self.) Massages! (Treat yo self.) Mimosas! (Treat yo self.) Fine leather goods! (Treat yo self.)”
Although Parks and Recreation is off the air, it doesn’t mean that we stop celebrating Treat Yo Self day, which is why Retta blessed us with a tweet letting us know that she too is enjoying the best day of the year. She later even congratulated some lucky Tweeters on how they were celebrating the day.
- These Charts Show COVID-19 Is Still the Pandemic of the Unvaccinated
- Reddit Allows Hate Speech to Flourish in Its Global Forums, Moderators Say
- What It Takes to Get Support for a Black Boy With Special Needs
- Shonda Rhimes Already Knows What You're Going to Watch Next
- How Harry Reid Paved the Way for Democrats to Kill the Filibuster
- President Biden's Speech in Atlanta Was Designed to Appeal to Black Voters—But Not Everything About It Succeeded
- China Is Finding Fewer Reliable Sources of Coal. That Could Be Bad News for the Climate