Mean Girls Day is so two weeks ago. It’s October 13, the best day of the year, Treat Yo Self day!
The holiday, which emerged on the television show Parks and Recreation five years ago, is an annual celebration to indulge as dictated by characters Tom Haverford (Aziz Ansari) and Donna Meagle (Retta).
In a memorable scene from the “Treat Yo Self” episode, the pair explain the goods that one can treat themselves to: “Clothes! (Treat yo self.) Fragrances! (Treat yo self.) Massages! (Treat yo self.) Mimosas! (Treat yo self.) Fine leather goods! (Treat yo self.)”
Although Parks and Recreation is off the air, it doesn’t mean that we stop celebrating Treat Yo Self day, which is why Retta blessed us with a tweet letting us know that she too is enjoying the best day of the year. She later even congratulated some lucky Tweeters on how they were celebrating the day.
- Who Will Be TIME's Person of the Year 2023?
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- The Dirty Secrets of Alternative Plastics
- Column: It's Time to Scrap the Abraham Accords
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time