We’ve seen the doughnut get the cronut treatment, but the latest iteration of the sweet treat is now getting a savory remix that seems more suited to the taqueria than the bakery.
According to Foodbeast, Santa Ana’s Cafe Calacas has made a Queso Fundido Chorizo Brioche doughnut.
This cheesy confection is basically the sum of its name: a brioche doughnut covered in queso that’s been mixed with chorizo bits.
The doughnut was dreamed up for downtown Santa Ana’s second annual Oozefest taking place this weekend, which features all things cheese.
Consider this just another way to enjoy two of life’s greatest pleasures at once.
See the doughnut in all its glory below.
- The Fight to Save the Salmon
- Inside the World of Black Bitcoin, Where Crypto Is About Making More Than Just Money
- The 'Great Resignation' Is Finally Getting Companies to Take Burnout Seriously. Is It Enough?
- Suddenly, Everyone on TV Is Very Rich or Very Poor. What Happened?
- Colin Powell Reflects on His Mistakes in Unpublished TIME Interview
- Business Travel's Demise Could Have Far-Reaching Consequences
- If the U.S. Spends Big on Climate, the Rest of the World Might Follow