We’ve seen the doughnut get the cronut treatment, but the latest iteration of the sweet treat is now getting a savory remix that seems more suited to the taqueria than the bakery.
According to Foodbeast, Santa Ana’s Cafe Calacas has made a Queso Fundido Chorizo Brioche doughnut.
This cheesy confection is basically the sum of its name: a brioche doughnut covered in queso that’s been mixed with chorizo bits.
The doughnut was dreamed up for downtown Santa Ana’s second annual Oozefest taking place this weekend, which features all things cheese.
Consider this just another way to enjoy two of life’s greatest pleasures at once.
See the doughnut in all its glory below.
- How to Help Victims of the Texas School Shooting
- TIME's 100 Most Influential People of 2022
- What the Buffalo Tragedy Has to Do With the Effort to Overturn Roe
- Column: The U.S. Failed Miserably on COVID-19. Canada Shows It Didn't Have to Be That Way
- N.Y. Will Soon Require Businesses to Post Salaries in Job Listings. Here's What Happened When Colorado Did It
- The 46 Most Anticipated Movies of Summer 2022
- ‘We Are in a Moment of Reckoning.’ Amanda Nguyen on Taking the Fight for Sexual Violence Survivors to the U.N.