We’ve seen the doughnut get the cronut treatment, but the latest iteration of the sweet treat is now getting a savory remix that seems more suited to the taqueria than the bakery.
According to Foodbeast, Santa Ana’s Cafe Calacas has made a Queso Fundido Chorizo Brioche doughnut.
This cheesy confection is basically the sum of its name: a brioche doughnut covered in queso that’s been mixed with chorizo bits.
The doughnut was dreamed up for downtown Santa Ana’s second annual Oozefest taking place this weekend, which features all things cheese.
Consider this just another way to enjoy two of life’s greatest pleasures at once.
See the doughnut in all its glory below.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Alison Roman Won't Sugarcoat It
- If Donald Trump Is Indicted, Here's What Would Happen Next in the Process
- All of the Other Major Investigations Into Donald Trump
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now
- The Case for Betting on Succession's Tom Wambsgans
- Postmaster General Louis DeJoy's Surprising Second Act
- In This Texas County, There's No Such Thing as Moving on From COVID-19
- Why Trump's Call to Protest Is Flopping
- Column: Ozempic Exposed the Cracks in the Body Positivity Movement