Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton will undoubtedly be two of this year’s most popular costumes come Oct. 31, but that’s not the only aspect of Halloween the 2016 election has crept into. As Americans have begun carving pumpkins for the upcoming holiday, presidential candidate jack o’lanterns have swept social media.
“When my friends and I carve pumpkins, we try and make them fun and relevant,” Kelsey Kruzel, the carver of a Clinton pumpkin, told the BBC. “With all the madness surrounding the election, we wanted to add a little humor to the mix.”
Trump pumpkins — dubbed “Trumpkins” — seem to be the more prominent trend, Dangerous Minds spotted.
Have a look at the carvings below:
But there’s definitely a fair share of Clinton creations as well:
- Here's Where All The Strongest Hurricanes Have Hit the U.S. in the Past 50 Years
- 2022 Time100 NEXT: TIME’s List Of Emerging Leaders Who Are Shaping the Future
- Industrial Farming Causes Climate Change. The ‘Slow Food’ Movement Wants to Stop It
- Here Are the 12 New Books You Should Read in October
- Artist Oliver Jeffers Wants to Paint the World Out of a Corner
- A Vibrant North Korean Community in London Finds Its Days Are Numbered
- COVID-19 Vaccines Can Make Periods Longer, Study Says
- Column: What Happened When My Entire Family Came Out