1. We need a moonshot for diabetes prevention.
By Chunka Mui in Strategy + Business
2. Stress might be canceling out your exercise — and making you fat.
By Romeo Vitelli in Psychology Today
3. Streetlights are the secret backbone for the Internet of Things.
By Susan Crawford in Backchannel
4. Could brain training help keep seniors safely behind the wheel?
By Victoria M. Indivero at Penn State University
5. This app could help parents diagnose autism early.
By Kathy Chin Leong in Fast Co.Exist
The Aspen Institute is an educational and policy studies organization based in Washington, D.C.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- LGBTQ Reality TV Takes on a Painful Moment
- Column: How the World Must Respond to AI
- What the Debt Ceiling Deal Means for Student Loan Borrowers
- India’s Female Wrestlers Are Saying #MeToo
- 7 Ways to Get Better at Small Talk
- Florence Pugh Might Just Save the Movie Star From Extinction
- The End of Succession
- Scientists Get Closer to Harnessing Solar Power From Space