The latest Rogue One: A Star Wars Story trailer released Thursday provides the most compressive look yet at the upcoming movie.
Rogue One, which takes places between episodes three and four of the original six-part series, stars Felicity Jones as Jyn Erso, a rebel leader determined to stop the creation of the infamous Death Star. The trailer explains that Erso’s father built the infamous weapon and suggests that she alone has the ability to stop him. “We have hope,” she says. “Rebellions are built on hope.”
Rogue One, the first film in the Star Wars franchise to take place outside the original chronology, hits theaters in December.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- The Inside Story of Princeton's Cinderella Run at March Madness
- The Case for Betting on Succession's Tom Wambsgans
- For Both Donald Trump and Alvin Bragg, the Central Park Jogger Case Was a Turning Point
- If Donald Trump Is Indicted, Here's What Would Happen Next in the Process
- Alison Roman Won't Sugarcoat It
- Why Not All Observant Muslims Fast During Ramadan
- It's Time to Say a Loving Goodbye to John Wick
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now
- Column: Ozempic Exposed the Cracks in the Body Positivity Movement