Prince’s ex-wife Mayte Garcia and performer Nicole Scherzinger are joining a Prince tribute concert on Thursday, adding to a lineup that already included Stevie Wonder, Christina Aguilera and Chaka Khan.
Other artists who will perform include Portuguese Fado singer Ana Moura, who sang with Prince around the world, saxophone player Michael Phillips, Prince’s former bandmate André Cymone, and members of the New Power Generation, Prince’s backing band.
The concert was announced after Prince’s death in April at age 57. Fans quickly bought most of the 17,000 tickets when they went on sale last month. John Mayer was slated to perform, but dropped out Tuesday due to a scheduling change.
- The Fight to Save the Salmon
- Inside the World of Black Bitcoin, Where Crypto Is About Making More Than Just Money
- The 'Great Resignation' Is Finally Getting Companies to Take Burnout Seriously. Is It Enough?
- Suddenly, Everyone on TV Is Very Rich or Very Poor. What Happened?
- Colin Powell Reflects on His Mistakes in Unpublished TIME Interview
- Business Travel's Demise Could Have Far-Reaching Consequences
- If the U.S. Spends Big on Climate, the Rest of the World Might Follow