Prince’s ex-wife Mayte Garcia and performer Nicole Scherzinger are joining a Prince tribute concert on Thursday, adding to a lineup that already included Stevie Wonder, Christina Aguilera and Chaka Khan.
Other artists who will perform include Portuguese Fado singer Ana Moura, who sang with Prince around the world, saxophone player Michael Phillips, Prince’s former bandmate André Cymone, and members of the New Power Generation, Prince’s backing band.
The concert was announced after Prince’s death in April at age 57. Fans quickly bought most of the 17,000 tickets when they went on sale last month. John Mayer was slated to perform, but dropped out Tuesday due to a scheduling change.
- What We Know So Far About the Deadly Earthquakes in Turkey and Syria
- Beyoncé's Album of the Year Snub Fits Into the Grammys' Long History of Overlooking Black Women
- How the U.S. Shot Down the Alleged Chinese Spy Balloon
- Effective Altruism Has a Toxic Culture of Sexual Harassment and Abuse, Women Say
- Inside Bolsonaro's Surreal New Life as a Florida Man—and MAGA Darling
- 'Return to Office' Plans Spell Trouble for Working Moms
- 8 Ways to Read More Books—and Why You Should
- Why Aren't Movies Sexy Anymore?
- How Logan Paul's Crypto Empire Fell Apart