Prince’s ex-wife Mayte Garcia and performer Nicole Scherzinger are joining a Prince tribute concert on Thursday, adding to a lineup that already included Stevie Wonder, Christina Aguilera and Chaka Khan.
Other artists who will perform include Portuguese Fado singer Ana Moura, who sang with Prince around the world, saxophone player Michael Phillips, Prince’s former bandmate André Cymone, and members of the New Power Generation, Prince’s backing band.
The concert was announced after Prince’s death in April at age 57. Fans quickly bought most of the 17,000 tickets when they went on sale last month. John Mayer was slated to perform, but dropped out Tuesday due to a scheduling change.
- Who Will Be TIME's Person of the Year 2023?
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- The Dirty Secrets of Alternative Plastics
- Column: It's Time to Scrap the Abraham Accords
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time