A student at Kentucky’s Bellarmine University briefly became the victim of a raccoon bandit on Tuesday night, when the animal picked up his cell phone and ran into the night.
At the time, Guy Williams, 19, had been recording video of the raccoon, which is frequently spotted around campus, he told BuzzFeed News.
The raccoon—which he had named Stanley “like minutes before this happened”—took off with the phone and finally dropped it when it began to ring, Williams said on Twitter.
In a series of tweets that quickly went viral, Williams chronicled what happened with Stanley, who is now a “campus legend.”
- Inside Mississippi's Last Abortion Clinic—and the Biggest Fight for Abortion Rights in a Generation
- Do Current COVID-19 Tests Still Detect Omicron?
- The First U.S. Offshore Wind Farm Could Be a Lifeline for Struggling New England Cities
- Welcome to TV's Era of Peak Redundancy
- The Key Role a Local Newspaper Played in the Trial Over Ahmaud Arbery's Murder
- TIME's Top 100 Photos of 2021
- 2021: The Year the Grift Kept Giving