Former New York City Mayor Rudy Giuliani criticized Hillary Clinton for talking about her role in the aftermath of the Sept. 11 terrorist attacks.
Speaking at a rally for Republican nominee Donald Trump in Ocala, Florida, Giuliani took aim at Clinton.
“I was there that day, I don’t remember seeing Hillary Clinton there,” Giuliani said. “I lost so many friends on Sept. 11, I think about it every day. Don’t tell me you belong to our very tight group of ‘never forget.’ Don’t tell me that.”
But photos that quickly circulated on Twitter show Giuliani side-by-side with then-New York Senator Clinton touring the site of the World Trade Center on Sept. 12.
Giuliani was referring to a recent interview Clinton gave CNN’s Chris Cuomo, where she described the “sickening experience” of touring Ground Zero.
- Yes, Climate Change Is Making Storms Like Hurricane Ian Worse
- 2022 Time100 NEXT: TIME’s List Of Emerging Leaders Who Are Shaping the Future
- Industrial Farming Causes Climate Change. The ‘Slow Food’ Movement Wants to Stop It
- What Reading 220 History Textbooks Taught One Scholar About Racism in America
- Artist Oliver Jeffers Wants to Paint the World Out of a Corner
- A Vibrant North Korean Community in London Finds Its Days Are Numbered
- COVID-19 Vaccines Can Make Periods Longer, Study Says
- Column: What Happened When My Entire Family Came Out
- How DeSantis Handles Hurricane Ian Will Shape His Political Future