Former New York City Mayor Rudy Giuliani criticized Hillary Clinton for talking about her role in the aftermath of the Sept. 11 terrorist attacks.
Speaking at a rally for Republican nominee Donald Trump in Ocala, Florida, Giuliani took aim at Clinton.
“I was there that day, I don’t remember seeing Hillary Clinton there,” Giuliani said. “I lost so many friends on Sept. 11, I think about it every day. Don’t tell me you belong to our very tight group of ‘never forget.’ Don’t tell me that.”
But photos that quickly circulated on Twitter show Giuliani side-by-side with then-New York Senator Clinton touring the site of the World Trade Center on Sept. 12.
Giuliani was referring to a recent interview Clinton gave CNN’s Chris Cuomo, where she described the “sickening experience” of touring Ground Zero.
- Anti-Black Violence Has Long Been the Most Common American Hate Crime—And We Still Don't Know the Full Extent
- One Million Americans Have Died of COVID-19. Here Are Some of Their Stories
- The Buffalo Shooter Targeted a City Haunted by Segregation
- Meet TIME’s Newest Class of Next Generation Leaders
- After Visiting Both Ends of the Earth, I Realized How Much Trouble We’re In
- The Ukrainian Musicians Fighting Russia Through Song
- Long-Lasting Birth Control Is Already Hard to Get. Advocates Worry It May Only Get Worse
- Here's Who Won the 2022 TIME100 Reader Poll