Against the Wall, a sobering PSA short film released on Wednesday, seeks to tackle police brutality and racial profiling.
Each individual is shown facing a wall in the frisking position, while actual police scanner, 911, and dispatcher radio recordings documenting the fatal shootings of men and boys play.
The PSA was directed by Gerard Bush and Christopher Renz and produced by non-profit Sankofa and Harry Belafonte, an entertainer who has long used his platform for social justice causes.
Belafonte, who founded Sankofa, supplies the voiceover on the urgency of the PSA’s call to action regarding racial profiling and police brutality.
Watch the full film below.
- The Fall of Roe and the Failure of the Feminist Industrial Complex
- The Ocean Is Climate Change’s First Victim and Last Resort
- Column: 6 Proven Ways to Reduce Gun Violence
- Ads Are Officially Coming to Netflix. Here's What That Means for You
- Jenny Slate on the Unifying Power of a Well-Heeled Shell Named Marcel
- Column: The FDA's Juul Ban May Not be a Pure Public Health Triumph
- What the Supreme Court’s Abortion Decision Means for Your State