Against the Wall, a sobering PSA short film released on Wednesday, seeks to tackle police brutality and racial profiling.
In the film, celebrities like Michael B. Jordan, Danny Glover, Michael K. Williams, and artist Sophia Dawson stand alongside political activists Marc Lamont Hill and Van Jones, reports Mashable.
Each individual is shown facing a wall in the frisking position, while actual police scanner, 911, and dispatcher radio recordings documenting the fatal shootings of men and boys play.
The PSA was directed by Gerard Bush and Christopher Renz and produced by non-profit Sankofa and Harry Belafonte, an entertainer who has long used his platform for social justice causes.
Belafonte, who founded Sankofa, supplies the voiceover on the urgency of the PSA’s call to action regarding racial profiling and police brutality.
Watch the full film below.
- The Inside Story of Princeton's Cinderella Run at March Madness
- The Case for Betting on Succession's Tom Wambsgans
- For Both Donald Trump and Alvin Bragg, the Central Park Jogger Case Was a Turning Point
- If Donald Trump Is Indicted, Here's What Would Happen Next in the Process
- Alison Roman Won't Sugarcoat It
- Why Not All Observant Muslims Fast During Ramadan
- It's Time to Say a Loving Goodbye to John Wick
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now
- Column: Ozempic Exposed the Cracks in the Body Positivity Movement