Maroon 5 shared their new single “Don’t Wanna Know” late Tuesday. The track features Kendrick Lamar and is the group’s first new music since their successful 2014 album V.
V spawned three singles that reached the Hot 100’s top 10 (“Maps,” “Animals,” and “Sugar”) and a fourth that peaked at No. 23 on the chart (“This Summer”). They’ve spent this fall on a tour that wraps Oct. 16 in Oakland.
In addition to his collection of new songs, untitled unmastered, Kendrick Lamar has appeared this year as a featured guest on seemingly every major album released: Kanye West, Beyoncé, Frank Ocean, and Sia all included him on new songs.
The music video, directed by David Dobkin (Shanghai Knights, Wedding Crashers), will premiere Friday on NBC’s Today, while Maroon 5 will give “Don’t Wanna Know” its first televised performance on the Nov. 3 episode of Ellen.
The song is available for purchase at iTunes. Hear a preview below via Apple Music.
- Meet TIME’s Newest Class of Next Generation Leaders
- After Visiting Both Ends of the Earth, I Realized How Much Trouble We’re In
- Google Is Making It Easier to Remove Personal Info From Search
- Oil Companies Posted Huge Profits. Here’s Where The Cash Will Go (Hint: Not Climate)
- Column: We Asked Hundreds of Americans About Abortion. Their Feelings Were Complicated
- A Short History of the Rise, Fall, and Rise Again of the Marcos Family
- Long-Lasting Birth Control Is Already Hard to Get. Advocates Worry It May Only Get Worse
- Who Should Be on the 2022 TIME100? Vote Now