CoverGirl made history with the appointment of 17-year-old James Charles as its newest spokesmodel—or, shall we say, CoverBoy—to work with brand ambassador Katy Perry.
Charles, who’s still a senior in high school, is a makeup artist with nearly 430k followers. He’s the first male ambassador for the cosmetics giant in its nearly 60 years as a brand. He will appear in print, television and digital ads both with Perry and by himself.
Both Charles and Perry announced the news of the new CoverBoy via Instagram, as did the CoverGirl account. In one of the videos posted to the CoverGirl account, Charles breaks the news by telling everyone being a part of the storied brand is “living out one of my biggest dreams.”
Watch the full video below and keep scrolling to see more of Charles and Perry’s upcoming campaign.
- Bad Bunny's Next Move
- 'How Is This Still Happening?' A Survivor Questions America's Gun Violence Problem
- Nicole Chung: The Person I Became After My Father's Death
- Can Birth Control Help Solve the World's Rat Problem?
- About That Devastating Tom-Shiv Scene in Succession's Premiere
- Why Humza Yousaf's Win Is 'Historic' for Scotland
- If Donald Trump Is Indicted, Here's What Would Happen Next in the Process
- It's Time to Say a Loving Goodbye to John Wick
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now
- Column: Ozempic Exposed the Cracks in the Body Positivity Movement