Charles, who’s still a senior in high school, is a makeup artist with nearly 430k followers. He’s the first male ambassador for the cosmetics giant in its nearly 60 years as a brand. He will appear in print, television and digital ads both with Perry and by himself.
Both Charles and Perry announced the news of the new CoverBoy via Instagram, as did the CoverGirl account. In one of the videos posted to the CoverGirl account, Charles breaks the news by telling everyone being a part of the storied brand is “living out one of my biggest dreams.”
Watch the full video below and keep scrolling to see more of Charles and Perry’s upcoming campaign.
- Essay: The Tyre Nichols Videos Demand Solemnity, Not Sensationalism
- For People With Disabilities, Losing Abortion Access Can Be a Matter of Life or Death
- Inside the Stealth Efforts to Smuggle Starlink Internet Into Iran
- Natasha Lyonne on Poker Face and Creating Characters Who Subvert Leading-Lady Tropes
- How to Help the Victims and Community After the Monterey Park Shooting
- Why Grocery Staples Are So Expensive Right Now
- Quantum Computers Could Solve Countless Problems—and Create a Lot of New Ones
- Where to Watch All of the 2023 Oscar Nominees
- How to Be Mindful if You Hate Meditating