To commemorate the 75th anniversary of the attack on Pearl Harbor and celebrate today’s military members, a crew of celebrities are coming together with the help of the one and only Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson for the aptly-named “Rock the Troops” tribute event.
“It’s a night of comedy, music, and BIG entertainment,” the actor/wrestler/social media phenomenon wrote in an Instagram announcement about the upcoming event, which will take place in Pearl Harbor on Oct. 22 and will air via SpikeTV in December. “My phone is ringin’ off the hook from my buds who can’t wait to come to Hawaii,” he added. Those buds include everyone from his Jumanji co-stars Kevin Hart and Jack Black to musical guests Flo Rida, Nick Jonas, and Lynrd Skynyrd and even George Clooney and famous surfer Laird Hamilton.
Check out The Rock’s star-studded lineup for the tribute event in his post, below.
- LeBron James Could Take Pickleball—Yes, Pickleball—to the Next Level
- It's Going to Be a Lot More Expensive to Heat Your Home This Winter. Here's What To Expect
- The U.S. Might Be the Surprising Determining Factor in the Future of Armenia
- Rapper Saucy Santana Is Opening a Door For His Community
- Here are the Biggest Moments from the TIME100 Leadership Forum and Impact Awards in Singapore
- Column: Russia Wants to Lock Ukraine Back in the Soviet Cellar
- As the Kanjuruhan Tragedy Shows, Indonesia Has Not Resolved Its Long-Standing Problem of Soccer Violence
- Here's Everything New on Netflix in October 2022
- A New Documentary Series Illuminates the History and Evolution of Queer Horror