An Indiana man fatally shot two people and then himself after a quarrel with his ex-girlfriend at her home, police said Tuesday.
During the fight, which occurred Monday, 19-year-old Andrew Parish also shot and wounded two other people, the Associated Press reports.
The quarrel began at Parish’s ex-girlfriend’s house in Franklyn, Ind., a suburb of Indianapolis.
When neighbor Ernest Jasper and two of his sons arrived at the house to help, Parish shot Jasper and his 21-year-old son. He also shot both his ex-girlfriend’s mother and her roommate, Sara Davidson.
Davidson died immediately and Jasper died later in the hospital.
Parish then fled the scene, according to Johnson County Sheriff Doug Cox, but shot himself as deputies approached his car in a rural area near Franklin.
Parish’s ex-girlfriend was not hurt in the bloody incident.
- Inside Mississippi's Last Abortion Clinic—and the Biggest Fight for Abortion Rights in a Generation
- Do Current COVID-19 Tests Still Detect Omicron?
- The First U.S. Offshore Wind Farm Could Be a Lifeline for Struggling New England Cities
- Welcome to TV's Era of Peak Redundancy
- The Key Role a Local Newspaper Played in the Trial Over Ahmaud Arbery's Murder
- TIME's Top 100 Photos of 2021
- 2021: The Year the Grift Kept Giving