An Indiana man fatally shot two people and then himself after a quarrel with his ex-girlfriend at her home, police said Tuesday.
During the fight, which occurred Monday, 19-year-old Andrew Parish also shot and wounded two other people, the Associated Press reports.
The quarrel began at Parish’s ex-girlfriend’s house in Franklyn, Ind., a suburb of Indianapolis.
When neighbor Ernest Jasper and two of his sons arrived at the house to help, Parish shot Jasper and his 21-year-old son. He also shot both his ex-girlfriend’s mother and her roommate, Sara Davidson.
Davidson died immediately and Jasper died later in the hospital.
Parish then fled the scene, according to Johnson County Sheriff Doug Cox, but shot himself as deputies approached his car in a rural area near Franklin.
Parish’s ex-girlfriend was not hurt in the bloody incident.
- How to Help Victims of the Texas School Shooting
- TIME's 100 Most Influential People of 2022
- What the Buffalo Tragedy Has to Do With the Effort to Overturn Roe
- Column: The U.S. Failed Miserably on COVID-19. Canada Shows It Didn't Have to Be That Way
- N.Y. Will Soon Require Businesses to Post Salaries in Job Listings. Here's What Happened When Colorado Did It
- The 46 Most Anticipated Movies of Summer 2022
- ‘We Are in a Moment of Reckoning.’ Amanda Nguyen on Taking the Fight for Sexual Violence Survivors to the U.N.