An Indiana man fatally shot two people and then himself after a quarrel with his ex-girlfriend at her home, police said Tuesday.
During the fight, which occurred Monday, 19-year-old Andrew Parish also shot and wounded two other people, the Associated Press reports.
The quarrel began at Parish’s ex-girlfriend’s house in Franklyn, Ind., a suburb of Indianapolis.
When neighbor Ernest Jasper and two of his sons arrived at the house to help, Parish shot Jasper and his 21-year-old son. He also shot both his ex-girlfriend’s mother and her roommate, Sara Davidson.
Davidson died immediately and Jasper died later in the hospital.
Parish then fled the scene, according to Johnson County Sheriff Doug Cox, but shot himself as deputies approached his car in a rural area near Franklin.
Parish’s ex-girlfriend was not hurt in the bloody incident.
- Here's What's in the Debt Ceiling Deal
- Matthew Macfadyen on Succession Series Finale
- How Worried Should the World Be of China's New COVID Wave?
- What Erdoğan’s Victory Means for Turkey—and the World
- Why Everyone Is Having Bad Sex (Especially Young People)
- The 30 Most Anticipated Movies of Summer 2023
- AI Is as Risky as Pandemics and Nuclear War, Top CEOs Say
- Florence Pugh Might Just Save the Movie Star From Extinction