An Indiana man fatally shot two people and then himself after a quarrel with his ex-girlfriend at her home, police said Tuesday.
During the fight, which occurred Monday, 19-year-old Andrew Parish also shot and wounded two other people, the Associated Press reports.
The quarrel began at Parish’s ex-girlfriend’s house in Franklyn, Ind., a suburb of Indianapolis.
When neighbor Ernest Jasper and two of his sons arrived at the house to help, Parish shot Jasper and his 21-year-old son. He also shot both his ex-girlfriend’s mother and her roommate, Sara Davidson.
Davidson died immediately and Jasper died later in the hospital.
Parish then fled the scene, according to Johnson County Sheriff Doug Cox, but shot himself as deputies approached his car in a rural area near Franklin.
Parish’s ex-girlfriend was not hurt in the bloody incident.
- What We Know So Far About the Deadly Earthquakes in Turkey and Syria
- Beyoncé's Album of the Year Snub Fits Into the Grammys' Long History of Overlooking Black Women
- How the U.S. Shot Down the Alleged Chinese Spy Balloon
- Effective Altruism Has a Toxic Culture of Sexual Harassment and Abuse, Women Say
- Inside Bolsonaro's Surreal New Life as a Florida Man—and MAGA Darling
- 'Return to Office' Plans Spell Trouble for Working Moms
- 8 Ways to Read More Books—and Why You Should
- Why Aren't Movies Sexy Anymore?
- How Logan Paul's Crypto Empire Fell Apart