Warning: This post contains potential spoilers for Game of Thrones.
Jack Gleeson — who played Joffrey Baratheon on Game of Thrones — has never seen a full episode of the show that turned him into one of the most hated characters in television history, but that hasn’t stopped him from theorizing about how it will end right along with the rest of its fans.
During an appearance at New York Comic Con this weekend, the 24-year-old actor gave his take on how the people of Westeros will eventually be able to defeat their greatest threat, the White Walkers, that he had discussed with a fan. “This isn’t a spoiler, because I know zero about the show and I literally know nothing about what will happen,” he said, according to MTV News. “[A fan] came up with this theory that they told me… someone’s going to melt down the Iron Throne because it has the Valyrian steel that will overcome the White Walkers. I think that’s kind of a cool idea — the monarchy is literally dissolved.”
Considering that Valyrian steel is one of only two known materials (the other being dragonglass) that can kill White Walkers, this theory could potentially hold up in the long run. Of course, Joffrey’s dear old mother would almost certainly have to die before this occurs, as it doesn’t seem like Queen Cersei Lannister will willingly give up the throne anytime soon. However, many viewers suspect that task will soon be taken care of by her little brother anyway.
- For Both Donald Trump and Alvin Bragg, the Central Park Jogger Case Was a Turning Point
- If Donald Trump Is Indicted, Here's What Would Happen Next in the Process
- Alison Roman Won't Sugarcoat It
- Why Not All Observant Muslims Fast During Ramadan
- All of the Other Major Investigations Into Donald Trump
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now
- The Case for Betting on Succession's Tom Wambsgans
- Postmaster General Louis DeJoy's Surprising Second Act
- Column: Ozempic Exposed the Cracks in the Body Positivity Movement