Ravaging countries along the Atlantic, from Jamaica to the East Coast of the United States, “monster” Hurricane Matthew lived up to forecasts expecting it to be the strongest hurricane of this season.
Finally stripped of hurricane status right before dawn-break on Sunday, Hurricane Matthew has caused extensive flooding and left millions without power in Florida, Georgia and the Carolinas. Here’s a look at how the hurricane moved up the coast.
- TIME's 100 Most Influential People of 2022
- Employers Take Note: Young Workers Are Seeking Jobs with a Higher Purpose
- Signs Are Pointing to a Slowdown in the Housing Market—At Last
- Welcome to the Era of Unapologetic Bad Taste
- As the Virus Evolves, COVID-19 Reinfections Are Going to Keep Happening
- A New York Mosque Becomes a Refuge for Afghan Teens Who Fled Without Their Families
- High Gas Prices are Oil Companies' Fault says Ro Khanna, and Democrats Should Go After Them
- Two Million Cases: COVID-19 May Finally Force North Korea to Open Up