Ravaging countries along the Atlantic, from Jamaica to the East Coast of the United States, “monster” Hurricane Matthew lived up to forecasts expecting it to be the strongest hurricane of this season.
Finally stripped of hurricane status right before dawn-break on Sunday, Hurricane Matthew has caused extensive flooding and left millions without power in Florida, Georgia and the Carolinas. Here’s a look at how the hurricane moved up the coast.
- Volodymyr Zelensky and the Spirit of Ukraine: TIME's 2022 Person of the Year
- Mickey Guyton Is TIME's 2022 Breakthrough Artist of the Year
- The 10 Best Nonfiction Books of 2022
- Column: What Elon Musk Gets Wrong About Free Speech
- The Forgotten Story of One of the First U.S. Soldiers Killed Overseas After Pearl Harbor
- Why You're More Likely to Get Sick in the Winter, According to New Research
- Column: What the Protests Tell Us About China's Future
- 18 Last-Minute Gifts for Everyone on Your List