A giant bird in Florida appeared to hide from Hurricane Matthew—and other animals it had to hunker down with inside a zoo—by ducking out inside a bathroom.
The St. Augustine Alligator Farm and Zoological Park on Thursday shared a photo on its Facebook page of a marabou stork hanging out inside a public restroom at their facility. “No species discrimination in this bathroom!” it said.
The post has been liked more than 2,000 times and shared more than 500 times.
The zoo, which did not immediately respond to a request for comment, wrote on Facebook that it has been preparing for the storm for two days, which included moving all of it animals indoors.
- Here's Where All The Strongest Hurricanes Have Hit the U.S. in the Past 50 Years
- 2022 Time100 NEXT: TIME’s List Of Emerging Leaders Who Are Shaping the Future
- Industrial Farming Causes Climate Change. The ‘Slow Food’ Movement Wants to Stop It
- Here Are the 12 New Books You Should Read in October
- Artist Oliver Jeffers Wants to Paint the World Out of a Corner
- A Vibrant North Korean Community in London Finds Its Days Are Numbered
- COVID-19 Vaccines Can Make Periods Longer, Study Says
- Column: What Happened When My Entire Family Came Out