The Golden Girls (Rose, Dorothy, Blanche, and Sophia) will be hitting Comic Con via a toy company called Funko, who’s recreating the beloved senior citizens in action figure form.
According to ABC News, the Golden Girls set will be sold exclusively at Comic Con, although Funko’s website also lists Target as a retailer for the set (Target’s listing for the action figures reads “currently unavailable.”)
The demand for these Golden Girls, however, is already expected to be hot. According to Funko’s director of marketing, Mark Robben, the company hadn’t expected this level of popularity.
“The response to our ‘Golden Girls’ products has been wild,” Robben said. “We almost weren’t prepared for the excitement. We created these as a passion project initially, and were blown away when it started trending on social media.”
- How to Help Victims of the Texas School Shooting
- TIME's 100 Most Influential People of 2022
- What the Buffalo Tragedy Has to Do With the Effort to Overturn Roe
- Column: The U.S. Failed Miserably on COVID-19. Canada Shows It Didn't Have to Be That Way
- N.Y. Will Soon Require Businesses to Post Salaries in Job Listings. Here's What Happened When Colorado Did It
- The 46 Most Anticipated Movies of Summer 2022
- ‘We Are in a Moment of Reckoning.’ Amanda Nguyen on Taking the Fight for Sexual Violence Survivors to the U.N.