A Detroit woman decided there were scarier things in the news to put in her Halloween display than killer clowns.
Larethia Haddon placed six dummies in her yard, each depicting a a real-life horror, according to Michigan Live. With help from her grandchildren, Hadden dressed the dummies up to depict terrorism, police shootings, the Flint water crisis and other realities.
Haddon said her grandchildren inspired the idea, telling her “We’re not afraid of monsters or the boogeyman. We’re afraid of what’s going on in the world right now,” according to Michigan Live.
Last year, Haddon displayed one dummy that appeared to be a dead body laying face-down in her yard, which Michigan Live said scared people and promoted calls to the police. This Halloween, Haddon and her family said they wanted to send a message.
“We’re trying to do something positive instead of just having a dead body laying in the yard,” Haddon told Michigan Live. “Want to get people to be a little more focused on the issues, what’s going on in the world. We need to stick together more. We need to come together. And if we don’t, this scene in my yard is going to be reality every single day.”
- Donald Trump Was Just Indicted. Here's What to Know About the Charges and the Case
- What Could Happen Next for Donald Trump
- Trump's Indictment Drama Showcased His Rivals' Weakness
- Inside Ukraine's Push to Try Putin For War Crimes
- Bad Bunny's Next Move
- Elon Musk Signs Open Letter Urging AI Labs to Pump the Brakes
- Eliezer Yudkowsky: Pausing AI Developments Isn't Enough. We Need to Shut it All Down
- 'How Is This Still Happening?' A Survivor Questions America's Gun Violence Problem
- Cheryl Strayed Will Always Be Here for You
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now