Shared by the official Suicide Squad Twitter account Wednesday, the preview teases never-before-seen footage that will be available when the movie arrives on Blu-ray, DVD and Digital HD, including a shot of Margot Robbie’s Dr. Harleen Quinzel before she transforms into the villainous Harley Quinn.
When asked by YouTube series Tipsy Talk host Hazel Hayes about the Joker’s smaller role in Squad, Robbie confirmed she had filmed several missing scenes with Jared Leto. “We filmed so much of our backstory,” she said. “They probably realized that the emotional through-line of the story had to be the mission that we were on, and explaining the Enchantress’ position and all that kind of stuff. And the [Harley and Joker] backstory stuff, though it’s magic and some of the stuff we shot was insane, they are flashbacks…So there’s a lot, but it just didn’t make sense to confuse the present storyline to incorporate all that.”
The extended cut will be available on Digital HD Nov. 15 and Blu-ray on Dec. 13.
Watch the teaser below.
More Must-Read Stories From TIME
- The Fight to Save the Salmon
- Inside the World of Black Bitcoin, Where Crypto Is About Making More Than Just Money
- The 'Great Resignation' Is Finally Getting Companies to Take Burnout Seriously. Is It Enough?
- Suddenly, Everyone on TV Is Very Rich or Very Poor. What Happened?
- Colin Powell Reflects on His Mistakes in Unpublished TIME Interview
- Business Travel's Demise Could Have Far-Reaching Consequences
- If the U.S. Spends Big on Climate, the Rest of the World Might Follow