Thanks to Taylor Lautner’s breakout role as the frequently shirtless Jacob Black in the Twilight series, fans apparently feel entitled to touch his stomach when they meet him. So on Tuesday’s episode of The Ellen DeGeneres Show, the host decided to see what the fuss was all about.
After replaying a clip from Lautner’s last appearance on the show in which an excited fan couldn’t stop stroking the Scream Queens actor’s midsection, DeGeneres asked her guest about the strange phenomenon. “I guess because they watched it on screen they feel like it’s theirs?,” he said, prompting DeGeneres to give the practice a try for herself.
Watch the full clip below.
More Must-Read Stories From TIME
- How an Online Pharmacy Sold Millions Worth Of Dubious COVID-19 Drugs — While Patients Paid the Price
- Why Literally Millions of Americans Are Quitting Their Jobs
- Meet the Women Participating in the Study That Could Change Future of Breast Cancer
- Inside the Battle for the Hearts and Minds of Tomorrow's Business Leaders
- An Innovative Washington Law Aims to Get Foreign-Trained Doctors Back in Hospitals
- Why the Ex-Husband of a Missing Chinese Billionaire Is Risking All to Tell Their Story
- Timothée Chalamet Wants You to Wear Your Heart on Your Sleeve