Samira Wiley, who plays Poussey Washington on Netflix’s early breakout hit show Orange Is the New Black, just announced her engagement—to one of the show’s writers and producers, Lauren Morelli. The two posted a picture to Instagram featuring a sparkling ring and the simple caption: “Yes.”
In the show, Wiley’s character experiences a few different romantic (and plot) pitfalls, with a tragic turn in the most recent season. Morelli, meanwhile, has had an interesting story arc offscreen: as the show began filming, she began to question her sexuality after being married to her long-term boyfriend for a few months and came to the realization that she was gay, she wrote in an essay for Mic. Morelli has since divorced, and she and Wiley have been dating for about two years after meeting on set.
See the engagement post below.
- Global Climate Solutions Exist. It's Time to Deploy Them
- What Happens to Diane Feinstein's Senate Seat
- Who The Golden Bachelor Leaves Out
- Rooftop Solar Power Has a Dark Side
- How Sara Reardon Became the 'Vagina Whisperer'
- Is It Flu, COVID-19, or RSV? Navigating At-Home Tests
- Kerry Washington: The Story of My Abortion
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time