Samira Wiley, who plays Poussey Washington on Netflix’s early breakout hit show Orange Is the New Black, just announced her engagement—to one of the show’s writers and producers, Lauren Morelli. The two posted a picture to Instagram featuring a sparkling ring and the simple caption: “Yes.”
In the show, Wiley’s character experiences a few different romantic (and plot) pitfalls, with a tragic turn in the most recent season. Morelli, meanwhile, has had an interesting story arc offscreen: as the show began filming, she began to question her sexuality after being married to her long-term boyfriend for a few months and came to the realization that she was gay, she wrote in an essay for Mic. Morelli has since divorced, and she and Wiley have been dating for about two years after meeting on set.
See the engagement post below.
- Extreme Heat Makes It Hard for Kids to Be Active. But Exercise Is Crucial In a Warming World
- Pelosi's Visit to Taiwan Has Badly Damaged U.S.-China Relations, But Not Irreversibly
- Reality TV Has Reshaped Our World, Whether We Like It or Not
- Progress Is Not A Given. It is Won: The Connection Between James Baldwin and Toni Morrison
- The Inflation Reduction Act's Name Says A Lot About The Climate Fight
- How Reservation Dogs Became More than Just Must-See Television in Its Second Season
- The U.S Will Soon Have Space Force Ambassadors Around the World