The one-minute long clip was posted to the Syrian Ministry of Tourism’s Facebook page on Friday, showcasing areas of the city that do not appear to be affected by the years-long fighting in eastern Aleppo. Although the page isn’t verified, it can be reached through a link on the tourism board’s official website. The footage has been viewed more than 152 thousand times as of Tuesday afternoon.
A spokesperson from HBO told CNBC that “no permission was given or requested” to use the theme song.
Watch the full video below.
- The Fight to Save the Salmon
- Inside the World of Black Bitcoin, Where Crypto Is About Making More Than Just Money
- The 'Great Resignation' Is Finally Getting Companies to Take Burnout Seriously. Is It Enough?
- Suddenly, Everyone on TV Is Very Rich or Very Poor. What Happened?
- Colin Powell Reflects on His Mistakes in Unpublished TIME Interview
- Business Travel's Demise Could Have Far-Reaching Consequences
- If the U.S. Spends Big on Climate, the Rest of the World Might Follow