The one-minute long clip was posted to the Syrian Ministry of Tourism’s Facebook page on Friday, showcasing areas of the city that do not appear to be affected by the years-long fighting in eastern Aleppo. Although the page isn’t verified, it can be reached through a link on the tourism board’s official website. The footage has been viewed more than 152 thousand times as of Tuesday afternoon.
A spokesperson from HBO told CNBC that “no permission was given or requested” to use the theme song.
Watch the full video below.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Meet the 2024 Women of the Year
- Greta Gerwig's Next Big Swing
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- In the Belly of MrBeast
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- How Long Should You Isolate With COVID-19?
- The Best Romantic Comedies to Watch on Netflix
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Write to Megan McCluskey at firstname.lastname@example.org