Chipotle is introducing chorizo as a new menu item across the chain’s U.S. locations to coincide with National Taco Day on Oct. 4.
The spicy traditional Spanish sausage enjoyed a limited release earlier in the summer across five cities and will now make its debut nationwide, CNBC reports.
“The reaction to chorizo in the cities that have had it has been overwhelmingly positive, so we’re making it available in all of our restaurants across the country,” said Steve Ells, founder, chairman and co-CEO of Chipotle, in a statement. “Our chorizo is made with responsibly raised chicken and pork, and provides a delicious new option that fits perfectly with the rest of our menu.”
- Who Will Be TIME's Person of the Year 2023?
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- The Dirty Secrets of Alternative Plastics
- Column: It's Time to Scrap the Abraham Accords
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time