A Virginia teen was arrested for allegedly reaching out to a clown on social media to kill her teacher.
The 13-year-old is a student at Davis Middle School in Virginia where security was beefed up on Monday in the wake of the threats. The girl is alleged to have contacted a social media user whose avatar was a clown with hopes that the person would kill her teacher, according to WAVY.
Authorities were reportedly notified about the threat on Sunday immediately contacted the teacher in question. The girl has been charged with threatening to kill via electronic message, according to Hampton, Va.’s WAVY.
The arrest is one of many clown-related incidents that’s made headlines recently. Rolling Stone recently did a deep-dive into the phenomenon of creepy clowns reportedly luring children and hiding in woods.
- The Fall of Roe and the Failure of the Feminist Industrial Complex
- What Trump Knew About January 6
- Follow the Algae Brick Road to Plant-Based Buildings
- The Education of Glenn Youngkin
- The Benefits and Challenges of Cutting Back on Meat
- Here's Everything New on Netflix in July 2022—and What's Leaving
- Women in Northern Ireland Still Struggle to Access Abortion More Than 2 Years After Decriminalization