Dwayne ‘The Rock’ Johnson may be known for his signature eyebrow raise (known colloquially as the “People’s Eyebrow,”) but Disney’s newest face, Auli’i Cravalho of Moana, decided to give him a run for his money.
“Dwayne and I are here, and we have a little bet: that I, you know, being the main character in Moana, I can do the People’s Eyebrow. And I can do it better than him,” Cravalho explains cheekily in a video shared to Twitter. So the two Moana co-stars give the camera their best face. While The Rock says he appreciates the young actress’s confidence, he’s not so sure she has what it takes to make the signature expression; he even compliments his own look, calling it “sexy,” to Auli’i’s disbelief. The real test: which of the two can do not just one but both sides.
Luckily, Hamilton‘s Lin-Manuel Miranda—who’s also a contributor to Moana as a composer on the soundtrack—jumps in at the last second to proclaim a winner of the contest. (It seems The Rock’s ego is strong enough to handle the verdict either way, in case you were worried about him.)
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- The Dirty Secrets of Alternative Plastics
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- We Should Get Paid for Our Online Data: Column
- The COP28 Outcomes Business Leaders Are Watching For
- The 100 Must-Read Books of 2023
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time