Kanye West abruptly ended his concert in New York City on Sunday night, citing a “family emergency.”
West was performing his song “Heartless” onstage at the Meadows Music & Arts Festival in Queens, where he was the headline act, when he was pulled aside by a handler, according to reports from various media outlets and footage of the concert that has since been posted on Twitter.
“I’m sorry,” he told the crowd. “I have a family emergency. I have to stop the show.”
“You have 30 minutes!” someone in the audience yelled. West left the stage at around 9:40 p.m.; he was slated to perform until 10 p.m.
Shortly afterwards, the festival’s organizers tweeted that West had ended his performance because of an “emergency.”
- Taylor Swift Is TIME's 2023 Person of the Year
- Meet the Nation Builders
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- Column: It's Time to Scrap the Abraham Accords
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time