Hillary Clinton’s campaign mocked Donald Trump over revelations that he appeared in a Playboy adult film in 2000, after he berated former Miss Universe Alicia Machado on Friday and told people to watch her alleged “sex tape.”
“There’s been a lot of talk about sex tapes today and in a strange turn of events only one adult film has emerged today and its star is Donald Trump,” said Clinton spokesman Nick Merrill.
BuzzFeed first reported Friday on Trump’s brief appearance in the explicit video, in which he welcomes several Playboy Playmates to New York City and pops open a bottle of champagne. “Beauty is beauty, and let’s see what happens with New York,” Trump said.
Clinton criticized Trump on Friday for his early-morning Twitter tirade against Machado, with whom he has sparred all week. Clinton mentioned Machado during Monday’s presidential debate, slamming the way Trump treated her in the 1990s after Machado was crowned Miss Universe and gained weight. Machado spoke out strongly this week against Trump, who doubled down on his criticism of her weight.
Sam Frizell contributed reporting.
- Taylor Swift Is TIME's 2023 Person of the Year
- Meet the Nation Builders
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- Column: It's Time to Scrap the Abraham Accords
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time