Hillary Clinton’s campaign mocked Donald Trump over revelations that he appeared in a Playboy adult film in 2000, after he berated former Miss Universe Alicia Machado on Friday and told people to watch her alleged “sex tape.”
“There’s been a lot of talk about sex tapes today and in a strange turn of events only one adult film has emerged today and its star is Donald Trump,” said Clinton spokesman Nick Merrill.
BuzzFeed first reported Friday on Trump’s brief appearance in the explicit video, in which he welcomes several Playboy Playmates to New York City and pops open a bottle of champagne. “Beauty is beauty, and let’s see what happens with New York,” Trump said.
Clinton criticized Trump on Friday for his early-morning Twitter tirade against Machado, with whom he has sparred all week. Clinton mentioned Machado during Monday’s presidential debate, slamming the way Trump treated her in the 1990s after Machado was crowned Miss Universe and gained weight. Machado spoke out strongly this week against Trump, who doubled down on his criticism of her weight.
Sam Frizell contributed reporting.
- What We Know So Far About the Deadly Earthquakes in Turkey and Syria
- Beyoncé's Album of the Year Snub Fits Into the Grammys' Long History of Overlooking Black Women
- How the U.S. Shot Down the Alleged Chinese Spy Balloon
- Effective Altruism Has a Toxic Culture of Sexual Harassment and Abuse, Women Say
- Inside Bolsonaro's Surreal New Life as a Florida Man—and MAGA Darling
- 'Return to Office' Plans Spell Trouble for Working Moms
- 8 Ways to Read More Books—and Why You Should
- Why Aren't Movies Sexy Anymore?
- How Logan Paul's Crypto Empire Fell Apart