(Gifts: The 100 Most Influential Images of All Time)
It seems safe to say that most people who have gotten their hands on the iPhone 7 Plus have been focused on keeping it as pristine as possible. But in the case of one Ukrainian tech vlogger, the exact opposite was true.
YouTube user TechRax shared a video Wednesday of himself visiting the world’s tallest building, Dubai’s Burj Khalifa, for a special reason — to drop his new iPhone from the 148th floor.
In the clip, TechRax tosses the phone off the observation deck to fall 2,717 feet before heading back down to try and track where it fell. Unsurprisingly, he is unable to locate it.
“This thing is fried,” he says. “It’s just completely destroyed. The impact hit it to the point where I can’t track it.”
Gifts: The 100 Most Influential Images of All Time
Watch the full video above.
- AI Is Not an Arms Race
- Here's What's in the Debt Ceiling Deal
- Matthew Macfadyen on Succession Series Finale
- How Worried Should the World Be of China's New COVID Wave?
- What Erdoğan’s Victory Means for Turkey—and the World
- Why Everyone Is Having Bad Sex (Especially Young People)
- The 30 Most Anticipated Movies of Summer 2023
- Florence Pugh Might Just Save the Movie Star From Extinction