After the team took the field at Paul Brown stadium, viewers almost immediately began to mock their uniforms, poking fun at the bright orange hue on Twitter. The jerseys were part of the NFL’s Thursday Night Football “Color Rush,” an initiative showcasing colors that are meant to pop on screen.
Some compared the uniforms to unattractive food items, including creamsicles and buffalo wings:
While others had great movie references up their sleeves:
There were some political jokes:
And even a few health warnings:
- Exclusive: The Making of the U.S. Military's New Stealth Bomber
- Your Next House Could Be Made on an Assembly Line
- The Legal Implications of the Debate Over Whether 'Extreme Racism' Is a Mental Illness
- Why European Countries Are Giving Teens Free Money To Spend on Books, Music, and Theater
- Republican Skepticism of Trump Has Never Been Higher
- Column: The U.S. Prison System Doesn't Value True Justice
- How Green Is the Qatar World Cup’s Outdoor AC?
- 16 Funny and Whimsical White Elephant Gifts Under $25
- The 5 Best New TV Shows Our Critic Watched in November 2022